Team Sport prev < Technology > next Top Rope Climbing
Scouts Proficiency Badges
To gain the Technology badge you must complete one task from each of A, B and C.
Range: all areas of technology not covered in the Information Technology badge such as robotics, vehicle electronics, mechanical devices, radio and tracking devices.
1. Find out the history and development of one of the following subjects:
b) vehicle electronics
d) Internal combustion engine
e) Electronic radio/CB
f) Mechanical device or system
g) Any other device or system approved by the Troop Council
1. Show you have a working knowledge of your subject.
2. Identify the main parts and have knowledge of its operational systems.
3. Demonstrate care, cleaning and minor maintenance of the chosen subject.
1. Demonstrate by the use of a simple activity how your subject works.
2. Give a talk to your Patrol/Troop on the operating principles of your chosen subject.
3. Organise an activity which enables another Scout to be trained in the operation of your device or subject.
You can download an examination sheet.