Multi Media prev < Music > next Outdoor
Scouts Proficiency Badges
To gain the Music badge you must complete one task from each of A, B and C.
Show that you have an interest in, have practiced and have an improved proficiency in music making. Perhaps take up and gain proficiency in an instrument not previously played.
Range: voice, instrument, percussion, electronic, writing music material.
1. Investigate the requirements of your chosen field of music, e.g. read music, write music, play an instrument.
2. Find out the type of musical instrument you would like to play and the requirements to play this instrument.
1. Write a musical piece.
2. Study how to read music.
3. Practice the musical instrument of your choice.
1. Perform individually or within a group of musicians on the instrument of your choice in front of your Troop.
2. Provide evidence to your Troop that you are able to read and write music.
You can download an examination sheet.