Literary Arts prev < Modeller > next Multi MEdia
Scouts Proficiency Badges
To gain the Modeller badge you must complete one task from each of A, B and C.
Show that you have an interest and an improved proficiency in creating models and constructional projects.
Range: plastics, glassworks, plaster, metal work, wood and fiberglass.
1. For static models, find out why they are used, when they come into common usage and what the components typically are.
2. For flight models, have a working knowledge of the basic principles of flight.
3. For wheel based models, have a working knowledge of gears, steering and suspension.
1. Design a model in enough details for another person to construct the model without your assistance.
1. Construct a model (use of kit permitted) and fly/drive as appropriate.
2. Construct a static model (use of kit permitted) and show to an audience.
You can download an examination sheet.