Crime Prevention prev < Cultural Heritage > next Entertainer
Scouts Proficiency Badges
To gain the Cultural heritage badge you must complete one task from each of A, B and C.
Show you have an interest in, have learnt about and have improved your knowledge in some aspects of the past, present and future.
Range: history, religion, human race, politics, native culture and present society.
1. Find some information on the background of three non-English speaking countries. Compare such things as trade, staple foods, living conditions, etc. in relation to Australia.
2. Find out about the traditional way of life of an Australian Aboriginal group, including the food they ate, the manner in which it was prepared, family relationships, ceremonies, etc.
1. Learn and practice three greeting from non-English speaking countries of your choice.
2. Identify and try traditional foods from cultures or countries other than you own.
1. Make and decorate a boomerang in natural materials.
Demonstrate how it should be thrown.
2. Demonstrate three greetings from above and their meanings.
3. Prepare and cool a 3 course, traditional meal from a country of your choice.
You can download an examination sheet.