Agriculture prev < Animal Keeper > next Anthropologu
Scouts Proficiency Badges
To gain the Animal Keeper badge you must complete one task from each of A, B and C.
Show that you have an interest in, have learnt about and have improved your knowledge of caring for an animal.
Range: Any animal can qualify for consideration in this badge BUT it must be legal to keep the animal as a domestic pet in your State.
1. Find out the local laws and regulations that relate to how you must keep your animal.
2. Find out about the history of the species of animal for which you care (e.g. country of origin etc.)
1. Learn how to treat three ailments that could be suffered by your animal.
2. Learn how to build a shelter adequate to protect your animal from the elements.
3. Learn how to train your animal (e.g. dogs to be obedient, birds to talk etc.)
You are required to give a presentation to your Patrol or Troop in a form selected by yourself on how to care for your animal.
1. Care for your animal for a period of at least three months.
You can download an examination sheet.