Swimmer prev < Traveller > next Weather
Cub Scouts Achievement Badges
Do any four of the following:
1. Obtain a map of your city or town. Take notice of the route you take when you travel to another part of the city or town. Mark on the map the main roads that you used on this trip.
2. Use a road map to plan two day trips to places of interest you would like to take with your family. Talk about what you would like to see, where you would stop and approximately how long the trip would take. Explain why these places are interesting and how you would get there.
3. Talk about four places of interest in your area that you would show to a person visiting you.
4. Plan and undertake a trip of approximately 50 kilometres with an adult using public transport.
5. Choose four means of transport and list the good and bad points about each.
1. Discuss what precautions you need to take when travelling.
Do any five of the following:
2. Plan a holiday you would like to take including details of places, distances, transport to get there, accommodation, gear needed, main points of interest, brochures from tourist bureaus and activities you would like to do.
3. Obtain travel information and timetables for two means of transport. Show you understand time differences from state to state and the effect daylight saving can have on timetables. Use the timetables to find five destinations you can reach from your home.
4. Plan and lay out on a map a trip of approximately 50 kilometres, which your parents agree to take you on. Act as navigator on this trip.
5. Produce a log of arrivals and departures from a transport terminal (airport, bus terminal, train station), which you have visited. Your log should contain at least five arrivals, departures, and list dates, times and places.
6. Pack a case for a three day trip away from home, taking into account the types of activities you will be doing, the weather conditions expected, the type of accommodation you will be using and how you are travelling.
7. Plan a trip around the world with at least six stopovers on three different continents. State why you chose those places and what you would expect to see there.
8. Choose a place that you would like to visit with your Pack for a Pack Holiday. Find out opening times, costs and booking details for the attractions there. Plan how the Pack would get there, where you might stay, and what you would need to take with you.
9. Take a trip with your family, Pack or school. Keep a travel diary of where you went and stayed, what you saw and how you got around. Present this diary to the Pack on your return.
You can download an examination sheet.
Traveller Level 1
Traveller Level 2