Sailing prev < Scientist > next Space
Cub Scouts Achievement Badges
1. State the safety precautions you should take when you are working on an experiment.
2. List three different areas of science and explain what is studied in each area.
3. Perform an experiment that shows one of the following:
(a) a simple chemical reaction
(b) a magnetic field.
(c) what a plant needs to grow.
4. Find out about a famous scientist and how his or her work has affected the world.
1. State the safety precautions you should take when working on an experiment.
2. List five pieces of equipment found in a scientific laboratory and, using illustrations, explain how the scientist may use them.
3. Do any three of the following and explain the steps to perform the experiment, what has happened and why:
(a) grow a crystal.
(b) show the density of four different liquids.
(c) show how light reflects.
(d) show how colours mix.
(e) make an electrical circuit.
You can download an examination sheet.
Scientist Level 1
Scientist Level 2