Information Technology prev < International Culture > next Literature
Cub Scouts Achievement Badges
1. Choose a country and find out the names of two tribes and the areas that they live/lived in. Draw a map showing this and the flag of that country.
2. Tell a legend of one of the tribes.
3. Find out the following:
(a) what type of dwellings they live/lived in
(b) what type of clothes they wear/wore
(c) what type of foods they eat/ate
(d) how they obtain/obtained their food
(e) how they cook/cooked their food.
4. Find out and describe what type of musical instruments they play/played.
5. Make a craft, model or artefact from one of the tribes,
1. Choose a country and find out the names of five tribes and the areas that they live/lived in. Draw a map showing this and the flag of that country.
2. Tell legends from two different tribes.
3. List 10 cities, towns or places from that country that have indigenous names.
4. Do a painting or drawing using methods of the indigenous
5. Make a model of two of their weapons, hunting tools or musical instruments.
6. Discuss the differences between their culture and ours, and also what benefits we could learn from them.
You can download an examination sheet.
International Culture Level 1
International Culture Level 2